Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jigsaw Festival

You’re going to be jealous, I know you are. I went to the Jigsaw Festival today at St. Mary’s Church in Newmarket. It’s an annual event, with an “ever changing display” of puzzles. There were approximately 275 puzzles on display, all completed and all for sale. Tables and tables of puzzles, all sizes. Some were as big as 5 ft.x 3 ft. There were several in progress with the invitation to "have a go" if you wanted. I added one piece.

Unfortunately, I missed the Singles Jigsaw Championship which was held on Sunday. A woman finished the 1000 piece puzzle in 171 minutes and is the first British Singles Jigsaw Champion. The women who joined me for tea at my table were marveling at her skill.

This just goes to prove there’s something for everyone.


 











Have a go!








This is the competition puzzle that was completed in 171 minutes. Everyone who competed got to keep the puzzle and the winner was awarded 50 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment