Monday, July 22, 2013

Aldeburgh Charm

Aldeburgh is on the water, just a few miles south of Southwold. Again, charm abounds. It's hard to stop taking pictures of the same things over and over and sometimes I just have to put the camera away and say I have enough that I won't forget how it made me feel.


I feel like strolling instead of walking. I feel as if the gray weather is here on purpose so the flowers can be appreciated all the more. I wish I could paint and draw everything I see. I like that the gardens are always humble. I like seeing poppies growing unexpectedly in the marshes, lavender growing in the wall of a church.

I like people leaving notes on their walls. I like the tiny details given to things, rather than the grand gesture. I like the isolated calm broken by a village.




I like a busy street that still allows you to see the gentle landscape beyond.

1 comment:

  1. I am learning so much. Thanks for the vivid descriptions.

    ReplyDelete