Sunday, May 16, 2021

Learning Again

 Over two years and now I decide I want to blog again. I want to write. I want to let my mind, my thoughts flow. I still love going back to read things. Like the post I just reread about my dream about ham, etc. Never in a million years would I have remembered that. Now especially, I’m feeling like I need to make notes, keep records of my life. My memory, she’s not what she used to be. Sad to say,  sad to admit, but it is my reality. Of course, I don’t think I’ve ever had a great memory. Not like Jennifer’s anyway. She really does have a good memory.

So, last week I drove to OKC to spend a few days at Donna’s to help her get adjusted to being home from the hospital and on a walker. She’s recovering from surgery for a bi-lateral fracture on her sacrum. She was in the hospital for 16 days, now she’s home and will continue with PT and OT in her home. I was there two days and was busy the entire time. Cooking, shopping, laundry, misc. this and that. One thing I came away with is a grateful heart for my health and my strength. In fact, as I was packing up to leave, she said her goal was to be as strong as me. Sweet. She called me a warrior. Part of it was that I am comfortable in her house and with her and could anticipate things she would need. Things she didn’t have to ask me to do or have to think about on her own. Take charge and just do things. Like figuring out a way for her to make her morning tea and transport it to a table or the sofa. Simple solution to buy a small thermos that would fit in her pouch that went on the front of her walker. She called me this morning to tell me it worked like a dream. Her morning tea is very important to her and I knew it would be an issue. 

This will be fun and good for my mind to start striving again. I attended a Writer’s Symposium last week that wasn’t about how to write but was a conversation interview with a writer. Connie Cronley was the writer. She writes personal essays and historical stories. The essay is what I want to focus on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment